A Sentimental Man - Part 5

Posted by BB | | Posted On 23 July, 2010 at Friday, July 23, 2010

I, Beloved Boyd, am a Gay Mormon Boy and everything I say here is the truth to the best of my knowledge:

Mohinder got my Christmas letter and sent me another response via air mail. I would have gotten it around New Years but because I didn't have my mail being forwarded I got it when I flew back into town for my birthday. Here is what his new letter to me said.
Dear Beloved Boyd,

You know, I love you. I got your Christmas letter and I just saw you in my mind with that big grin. I love that about you. You are just the coolest lovable friend I ever had.
It also turns out that you are hard working! Wow, it seems that you went through alot [sic] of crap to get a job. I'm glad that through the opposition, you conquered all.
This whole "coming out of the closet" has really defined your life in the last year. I think that things have been difficult for you because you haven't had the most supporting friends. I hate to say it but I'm one of them. You know, I don't know the appropriate responses for any situation, let alone the complicated ones. But I think that Jesus would say a sell springing forth with love might come close to a good response. So Boyd, when I come back, there's a well waiting for you.

LOVE
your good friend (and well)

Elder Mohinider
I read these words on my Birthday 1 year after I came out online. Again I broke down and had to go downstairs to the basement to cry. I love Mohinder. He is one of my greatest friends and I was saddened by his turn around.

Part of the reason I have held off writing for the past while (besides being absurdly busy) is the fact that 1, most of my story had been told. and 2. Mohinder gets back from his mission in just a couple of days. I wanted this second to last series to be about him, my final of my best friends and how he had transformed.

This is my second to last series because I am going to save next weeks for wrapping up what has happened in my life and pulling down the mask behind my identity. Some of you know me already because you are smart or because I shared this with you either online or in person. but for the rest of you stay tuned for the week long conclusion of Beloved Boyd. He has served his purpose and it is time to be completely truthful.

Comments:

There are 2 Words of Warning for A Sentimental Man - Part 5