What is this Feeling - Part 3

Posted by BB | Labels: , , , , | Posted On 03 March, 2010 at Wednesday, March 03, 2010

I, Beloved Boyd, am a Gay Mormon Boy and everything I say here is the truth to the best of my knowledge:

Friday morning started out like a typical school day. I went to my classes and chatted constantly with Joseph. I was nervous and excited to be meeting his surrogate parents later. I made sure I put on something nice, applied my cologne, and scraped my tongue clean. I wanted to make a really good first impression.

Joseph and I met in the same parking lot of the Ice Cream shop. I got out of my car and into his and off we went. I was completely nervous and all I could think about was the movie title and trailer for “Riding in Cars with Boys.” We talked all the way there, and after I made a witty comment; Joseph put his hand on my knee. I quickly took advantage of the situation and reached out and took his hand in mine.

It felt great to hold someone’s hand again. Hayden was fresh in my mind, and his trepidation from holding hands was completely absent in Joseph. His slender hand in mine felt right, it felt good. Eventually we got to his parent’s house and I braced myself for a new situation.

We knocked on the door and were greeted by 3 kids yelling “JOSEPH JOSEPH JOSEPH!” I introduced myself to them and gave them big hugs. Then Scott and his wife Sarah introduced themselves to me.

We spent the night getting to know each other over some of the best hot chocolate I have ever had. When the kids went to bed I told my whole story to them, including my fears and doubts that all of my spiritual impressions were just me fooling myself. I heard Scott tell some of his and Sarah’s story and I heard some of Joseph’s darker tale as well.

As we talked Joseph and I sat on the couch and slowly began to hold hands through my difficult story. I drew strength from Joseph’s hand resting in mine and became a part of everyone’s life. It was a remarkable feeling.

Towards the night’s end, Sarah told me that she felt that when we were holding hands we were happier and brighter souls. Scott thanked me for bearing my testimony to him and telling him my story. He told me that he knew my testimony to be true as I told it. This helped me get off the ground later when I was feeling down.

As we left, Joseph and I hugged everyone goodbye. I felt really good after meeting Scott and Sarah. They were open and honest with me and they cared for me. It was a wonderful feeling. So Joseph and I got back into his car and we drove back to mine. As we talked for a couple of hours just holding each other, we set up another date for the next day.

Comments:

There are 10 Words of Warning for What is this Feeling - Part 3