For Good - Part 2

Posted by BB | Labels: , , , , , | Posted On 30 March, 2010 at Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I, Beloved Boyd, am a Gay Mormon Boy and everything I say here is the truth to the best of my knowledge:
After I finished my interview I sat down and watched Joseph step into the hot seat. I had been so nervous myself that I hadn’t thought to see if he needed comforting. He seemed nervous before the interview started, but as he eased into the questions he loosened up a bit.

He spoke about the difficult times on his mission, his trials through life, and his previous fights with depression. It was tough to sit through it and feel the emotion and pain poring out of him. But when we finished he seemed to be more comfortable with things.

As we finished, Emily Pearson commented how we were the cutest innocent gay couple she had ever met. She even promised to help us out if we ever needed it. Reed thanked us as well and told us that he was impressed with our courage to stand up and voice our stories.

After talking with Reed and Emily, we left the pride center and got into Joseph’s car to go to my first gay party. (not quite HA!) For those of you not familiar with Scott and Sarah’s MoHo Parties, they are a bit different. From the outside they look just like any other typical party with friends. There is plenty of finger food, conversation, karaoke, and most importantly friends. Scott and Sarah’s parties are different because almost everyone there is gay or has a connection to someone who is.

These parties are a great way to make good friends who care about you. It was here that I first met many great friends that have influenced my life. These parties aren’t wild orgies as some of my friends have feared they might be; they do not have resident Packer waiting in the back room waiting to issue excommunication to those in attendance; and they are not a meat market for guys to pick people up. (Although a few dates have happened because of a chance meeting at Scott and Sarah’s)

This was my first experience there and on opening up the door, Scott’s kids called out Joseph and my name and I felt at home again. I met so many new people at this party. I met the couple who has been together for 14+ years and their twins. I met many friends like Lance, Lance and Jon. But most of all I was able to open up in a social setting for one of the first times.

I was gay and nobody cared. Joseph and I were together and nobody cared. We sang show tunes and only a few people cared! It was a grand experience and I wouldn’t trade it for the world! If you ever have the chance to go to one do go. The friendships and warmth offered have changed my life and helped me get to where I am today.

Comments:

There are 1 Words of Warning for For Good - Part 2