Dancing Through Life - Part 3

Posted by BB | Labels: , , | Posted On 24 March, 2010 at Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I, Beloved Boyd, am a Gay Mormon Boy and everything I say here is the truth to the best of my knowledge:

And so Joseph dubbed me Fiyero and for me he was Hamlet, my sweet prince and together we were the utterly cheesy couple that, as one commenter emailed “[our] sweetness would induce diabetic shock”. Along with every cheesy couple comes a date where you compare music tastes. For us that happened early and I shared with Joseph the song “Best Thing” by Relient K.

Ironically enough, it is a song about finding Christ as the best thing in your life. For us it was a love anthem. Lets face it, the first stanza spoke to the both of us.
”It's been a year
Filled with problems
But now you're here
Almost as if to solve them
And I can't live in a world without you now



We both had lived through traumatic lives the last year and then suddenly we found each other. When our arms entwined our hearts soared and we wondered how we wound spend time apart from one another.
”All my life
I've been searching for you
How did I survive
In this world before you
Cause I don't wanna live another day without you now

This is the best thing
The best thing that could be happening
And I think you would agree
The best thing is that it's
Happening to you and me
”Cause when I looked into your eyes
And you dared to stare right back
You should've said "Nice to meet you, I'm your other half"
This song described how we felt our relationship was going and it was truly bliss. Joseph shared with me a couple of (obscure) musicals and their music that was great and has helped me throughout my life.
First is Bare: A Pop Opera!

Bare is the story of two Catholic schoolboys who are in a forbidden love. One of them (Peter) is ready to open himself up and come out and the other (Jason) would prefer to keep the status quo and stay hidden in the closet. It is a touching musical and I was only introduced to a couple of songs. One of those songs, Roll of a Lifetime was a personal anthem for me in times of despair because I could feel Joseph singing this song to me.


The other song that Joseph showed me hit me as an important facet in my dance through life. It is a song from Children of Eden called ”Lost in the Wilderness”. It is sung by Cain as he laments about his lot in life. It described my pain from days gone by and later in life has become my anger song. Give it a listen.

Comments:

There are 0 Words of Warning for Dancing Through Life - Part 3