A New Year for a renewed life - Part 10

Posted by BB | Labels: , , , | Posted On 25 February, 2010 at Thursday, February 25, 2010

I, Beloved Boyd, am a Gay Mormon Boy and everything I say here is the truth to the best of my knowledge:

I had always heard in church that when you pray, pray with “real intent.” It is in Moroni’s promise and was driven into my head countless times. However while growing up I now realize I never had “real intent” to follow the will of God. I had intent to, but it was not true, not real, and not sincere. Not like the morning of Tuesday January 6th, 2009.

I went to bed sobbing and pleading unto the Lord as I had many nights before. But this night I prayed for the strength to follow whatever the Lord would have me do, even if it meant literal self-castration.

I awoke with the same prayer on my lips and in my heart. I knew that if the Lord asked it off me I would give all. With that I dressed and went quickly to the early round of baptisms in the Salt Lake Temple. As I sat in chapel waiting for the temple workers to gather for confirmations I cleared my mind and prayed.

“Heavenly Father, Please prepare me with the strength and knowledge that I need before I meet with Elder Christensen. I have been praying for answers, but now I ask only that I am placed on the right path to step forward upon. I will follow all that thou asketh of me and pray that you only give me the opportunity.”

And with that I entered into the confirmation room and as I helped many souls receive the Holy Ghost I prayed and thanked the Lord for the Spirit in my life. I was filled with gratitude for the Lord and prayed to my Father to such effect.

I entered the baptistery and sat down as the handful of young women were baptized. As I sat I pondered over what I was to discuss with Elder Christensen. I was planning largely to ask “Why there had not been revelation in a church devoted to the principle of eternal and continuing revelation.”

As I sat, I split my mind into two parts; My questions of “WHY” were saved for Elder Christensen and for the Temple and for the Lord I asked “How and Where.” This splitting of my mind led greatly to what happened next. I was able to dedicate my soul to the Lord and in return he blessed my life.

As I sat on the chair at the top of the font I received the greatest gift from Heavenly Father. I was honored and blessed with a clear and distinct revelation. “Boyd, You need to search for a husband and prepare to adopt three children.”

This Revelation blew my mind and completely changed my meeting with Elder Christensen. It completely changed my life. It completely changed my mindset on life. I never expected this and I was in no way ready for it. I did not know why I received this revelation or what it meant for my life. But I did know that this changed things.

Comments:

There are 3 Words of Warning for A New Year for a renewed life - Part 10